Wednesday, February 2, 2011

St. Augustine


Finally made it to St. Augustine--the oldest city in North America, they say. It is very nice--I took a short walk around town this afternoon and toured the old Spanish Fort here, which was never taken militarily, but changed hands many times by treaty in the 16th, 17th, and 18 centuries. Tomorrow I'm going to take a tour of Flagler College, which occupies the old Flagler Hotel which is a magnificent place--you can almost imaging Al Capone hanging out there.

I've met several new folks here already--4 couples all heading south like me, and also like me, taking their time.

I'm going to make another attempt to attach photos--wish me luck!

Greg

1 Comments:

At February 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Judy Grillo said...

Hi Greg, Looks great...But then your choice was snow or no snow, right? Great pictures. jkg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home