Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Goodbye, Harvey! Welcome, Eva Belle!

Hi, folks!  I just got back from a week in Florida, working on my new (to me) Morgan Out Island 33.  I cleaned about a hundred pounds of stuff out of her, installed a new AM/FM CD player, and took care of some other odds and ends. 

A surprising benefit to this trip was the enjoyment of the cruiser community in the boatyard where Eva Belle is on the hard.  There were a lot of people there doing just what I was--getting their boats ready for the winter cruising season.  It was fun to sit around the clubhouse late afternoons, listening to stories and getting local knowledge from the cruisers who were familiar with the area.

Anyway, this is going to be the last post of Harvey and Elwood's adventures!  I'm attaching a photo of Harvey, leaving Key Largo with his new owner (he'll be a full-time liveaboard in Islamorada) and a photo of Eva Belle's transom and Glen--the sign guy who was doing the work.  I hope to start a new Blog soon--I'll keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At October 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM , Blogger bobbi said...

when one door closes, another opens...looking forward to the next blog chapter...a new adventure!
David and Bobbi on Kokopelli

 
At October 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Pat and Jan Works said...

Yes! looking forward to hearing about your new adventures on the Eva Belle. Don't slow down ... something might be gaining on you - Jan Works

 
At October 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Laura and Hans said...

We're looking forward to your new blog! I'm so glad Harvey was sold, I hate to see a boat sit around all lonely and unused. Maybe one day we'll anchor next to you and Eva Belle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home