Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Titusville





Today was great! I rented a car and Hans (from KnottyCat) and I went to the Warbirds museum and the Space Center. We got an up close and personal look at some neat aircraft, the prettiest of which was an immaculate C-47. Brought back memories of the airlines I worked for and the Drop Zones I jumped at--although none of them had an aircraft this pretty! The space center was pretty cool, although overpriced. The Space Shuttle is actually a lot larger than I thought, with a payload volume about the equivalent of 3 or 4 semi trucks. The static displays of the Saturn rocket, mercury capsule, etc. gave you a good idea of how much has been accomplished in the past 50 years.

I took advantage of the rental car to go to the grocery and re-stock Harvey--tomorrow we head south to Cocoa Beach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home