Saturday, February 12, 2011

Down the Ditch





Hi, folks! I haven't posted anything in the past few days for a couple of reasons. One, I was anchored out for a couple of nights, and two, not much remarkable has happened. The most amazing part of this trip is what you see all day, every day--that is the wildlife that surrounds you. In Titusville there was a family of Manatees living in the marina that would only show themselves when I didn't have my camera. You constantly see Ospreys, gulls, Pellicans, Porpoises, you name it. I'm embarrassed to say that the "Oh, Wow!" factor starts to wear off, but the sightings are no less remarkable because of that.

It continues to be unseasonably cold. I'm holed up in Vero Beach, plugged into shore power and staying close to my heater--no where near as cold as at home, I realize, but this is Florida--its supposed to be toasty down here, not 30's at night! Oh, well, its supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow and I'll be under way in the morning. Attached are some photos of birds, and the mooring field here in Vero Beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home