Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Southbound to Ft. Lauderdale

Hi, Folks! I have been anchored out the past 2 or 3 nights without internet access, so I've covered quite a bit of ground since I last made a post. I left Vero Beach and headed south, and anchored in a little place called Manatee Pocket, near Stuart, FL. It is litterally a little pocket, about a mile long and 200 yards wide and every inch of its perimeter is developed, holding either a marina, an ostentatious home, a night club, or a yacht club. It was like being anchored in the middle of Disneyland! The next morning I went out St. Lucy entrance and went down the open ocean for about 25 miles. It becomes attractive to do that in this part of Florida because there are so many bridges on the Intracoastal. I came back in Lake Worth inlet and anchored in Palm Beach--full of hi-rise condos and huge yachts, but there were plenty of little boats like Harvey in the anchorage. We keep good company these days.

Lou Howell joins me tomorrow-it'll be good to have company for the last week of this leg.

I've tried twice to upload some photos, but its not working today, for some reason. I'll try again later. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home