Monday, February 21, 2011

In the Keys!











Finally made it to the keys! Lou and I are anchored on Key Biscayne as I wrtite this, in 80 degree weather and bright sunshine, and crystal-clear water! It's been a wonderful week, with a stop in Ft. Lauderdale to see the Vatican art exhibit, then a trip to the Miami boat show, which was huge--I couldn't believe the size and scope of the thing. Today we had a delightful sail down to Key Biscayne and we're now in a state part on its southern tip. Tomorrow, on to Boca Chita Key, about 15 miles south of here.

Attached is a photo of a 13th century mosaic, and photos of me and Lou at the boat show, and under way. I was also trying to p0st photos from our climb up the lighthouse here on Key Biscayne, but they disappeared into the aether.

1 Comments:

At February 26, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Laura and Hans said...

We actually discussed just going to the Keys and skip the Bahamas but I guess we're sticking with our original plan. It looks like you're having a great time and I'm sure it's nice to have some company along too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home