Saturday, February 26, 2011

Boca Chita and Key Largo

Well, I'm back in Nashville as I write this--shivering in 50 degree weather! The last week of this trip was nothing but fabulous! Lou and I headed south from Miami and spent our first night out at a state park on the south end of Key Biscayne. We met an interesting couple--Michael and Madeline, who were cruising on an Ericson 25, and had come down all the way from Brooklyn, NY! Makes me think twice when I want to call Harvey a "small" boat. We shared drinks with them in our cockpit and swapped stories for a while. They were waiting for delivery of a new dinghy as theirs had been stolen!

We then sailed down Biscayne Bay to Boca Chita key--a beautiful spot with a lighthouse built by Mr. Honeywell, of the Honeywell Corp. A very pretty spot, but kind of buggy. The next day we went through Angelfish Creek into Hawk Channel and down to Lou's home on Key Largo--Harvey's new home, for the time being. This was the prettiest sail of the trip, cutting gracefully through the turquoise water. We even caught a couple of fish that we threw back. Frank and Krista Pate flew down from Nashville that night and joined Lou, Chase, and myself for a day of Snorkeling on the most beautiful reefs I believe I've ever seen! It was a great trip, full of good times and good friends. See photos on a separate post (I still bat about .500 on this internet stuff).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home