Monday, April 25, 2011

Marathon

Hi, Folks! I've had a great 3 days of sailing without setting foot on land. Left Friday and went through Snake Creek, south of Key Largo. I stayed in the Cowpens Anchorage, went for a swim, and generally took it easy. The next day I went down to Matacumbe Bight, which had all the jet ski and powerboat traffic you'd expect on a pretty saturday, then last night I anchored on Long key, a shallow spot that had " Harvey Only" written all over it. A pretty and quiet spot.

Saw a couple of neat things--like a motorized hang glider mounted on an inflatable dinghy! Also, I put together the Elwood P. Dowd (my dinghy) and paddled up into a mangrove swamp--very pretty. I'm posting photos of these, and a couple of the wonderful sunsets also.

Tonight I'm in the Blackfin Marina and Motel in Marathon--a nice change with hot showers, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home